Health Canada announces food labelling changes
-- posted December 16, 2016 --
Health Canada announced December 14, 2016 changes to Canada's food labelling. The changes approved aims to make the information easier to understand for consumers in order to make healthy food choices. The food industry has a transition period of 5 years to make these changes. Among these changes include:
- nutrition facts table look will change
- new health claim allowed on fruits and vegetables
- potassium added to nutrition information
- list of ingredients and allergen information
- serving size
- foods in single serving containers
- and more...
Learn more about these upcoming changes at: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/eating-nutrition/label-etiquetage/changes-modifications-eng.php
Government of Canada News Release
The Food Centre has helped many food processors navigate food labelling regulations. Give us a call at 306-933-7555 if you have any questions.